Santa Clara, CA
With over $50 million of commercial solar assets deployed across California, generating $5 million in electric bill savings for our clients, Vista Solar is making a difference every day. By focusing on commercial solar installations, each project we work on has a measurable positive impact on the lives of our clients, our community and the environment. If you want to be part of a winning team that’s changing the world – read on!
The Solar Superintendent operates as the eyes and ears of the project managers, ensuring subcontractors are complying with Vista Solar standards and policies. The Solar Superintendent assists with SOW preparation, subcontractor selection, and site walks. During construction, the superintendent acts as the main conduit between the subcontractors and Vista, receiving daily field reports, receiving RFI’s, and executing quality-control inspections. This role requires a competency and passion for both field activity and administrative work. The Solar Superintendent reports directly to the Construction Manager.
- Review permit packages for accuracy and ease of construction.
- Interpret permit packages and prepare detailed scopes of work for subcontractors.
- Understand and enforce the terms of the subcontractor agreement.
- Understand and enforce the terms of the customer sales agreement.
- Assist with review and selection of subcontractors for assigned project(s).
- Attend pre-construction site walks with other members of construction management, project management, engineering and subcontractors.
- Understand and enforce all of Vista Solar’s company safety policies, standard operating procedures, and protocols.
- Receive, review, and interpret daily field reports from subcontractors.
- Receive, review, and respond to construction RFI’s (with assistance from various departments).
- Attend all AHJ inspections.
- Ensure all work is installed in a professional and workman-like manner.
- Provide updates to the Project Manager and Construction Manager.
- Aid, and provide, accurate information and documentation to subcontractor in order to help them effectively accomplish their task.
- Contribute to overall strategy for effective execution of the project.
- Understand and accurately interpret electrical and building codes.
- Confidently direct sub-contractors to stay on schedule and under budget.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3+ years of Electrical Commercial experience at a Journeyman level
- 3+ years of leadership experience in commercial or residential solar
- Thorough knowledge of NEC and CBC
- Proficient solar construction math skills, e.g., de-rates, wire sizing, conduit/box fill, etc.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects and competing demands
- Approachable and respectful leadership abilities
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organization skills
- Must be punctual and have a reliable means of transportation
- Ability to work in extreme environment (weather changes)
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and work on rooftops
- Must be able to identify different colorings of the electrical wires
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs
- Microsoft Word, Excel proficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, clean background
EXTRA DESIRED SKILLS
- OSHA 30, First Aid and CPR Certified
- Forklift Certified
- California State Certified – Commercial Journeyman Electrician
- NABCEP certified
- Always learning, growing, and achieving as a team!
- Opportunities to grow within the company.
- Top-notch medical benefits with 100% coverage for employee.
- We love long weekends - 12 paid holidays.
- Vacation is always good – Start with 15 days of PTO
- Fun events, hangouts, Friday breakfasts.
- Work with your friend and get $$ for referring them to Vista.
- Read our Glassdoor reviews for more!
Vista Solar, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.