Who we are
Vista Solar has been delivering comprehensive solar solutions in California for over a decade to more than 160 commercial customers deploying over 40 megawatts of solar. With over $50 million of commercial solar assets deployed across California, generating $5 million in electric bill savings for our clients, Vista Solar is making a difference every day. By focusing on commercial solar installations, each project we work on has a measurable positive impact on the lives of our clients, our community and the environment. Our commitment to excellence and portfolio of success has enabled us to offer, as a standard, best-in-class production guarantees, price assurance and peace of mind
The Commercial Solar Project Manager is responsible for transforming the PV installation from a concept, at the time of sale, into a fully-functioning revenue-generating asset for our clients. You get to collaborate and work with everyone from Sales and Design to Construction and Asset Management – don’t forget the Client!
- Provide direction and coordination of physical construction of commercial solar installations with respect to the budget, timeline, company policies, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Create project SOWs, schedules, and build budgets.
- Coordinate materials procurements for job sites (modules, racking and inverters).
- Own all project schedules and communication using various platforms (SmartSheets, SAGE, Hubspot, etc.).
- Own project budget, committing to keeping all project spending below budget.
- Communicate with customers to schedule work, coordinate services, provide weekly updates and troubleshoot issues.
- Host project hand-off meetings from Project Development and to Asset Management.
- Collect, verify and properly store project documentation.
- Define and communicate the schedule to meet customer expectations and construction requirements to different stakeholders, including vendors and subcontractors.
- Monitor and engage the design process through utility plan-check and permitting.
- Solicit bids for subcontracted work with accurate SOWs, ensuring the subcontractors fully understand the SOW and provide accurate bids to reduce change orders.
- Own change order process and approve, deny, negotiate, modify and deliver all change orders.
- Work with Superintendents to ensure quality and timely project completion.
- Visit jobsites as needed throughout greater California.
- Schedule and provide all information needed for retrospective meetings.
- Coordinate all site inspections, interconnection power shut downs, deliveries and visits.
Skills and Competencies
- BA/BS degree (preferably in Engineering or Construction Management).
- PMP Certification.
- 4+ years of project management experience.
- 2+ years in commercial solar project management (120kW – 5mW).
- 2+ years in solar industry.
- 1+ years of experience managing subcontractors.
- Ability to read and comprehend PV construction plan sets.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of various phases of commercial solar project installation.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team, fast-paced capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring life to the project. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates and prospects.
- Skilled at bridging internal and external partners to ensure project productivity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required to work with various customers ranging from Agriculture owners to Fortune 500 Company leaders.
- Hands-on and proactive attitude to learn and to be trained.
- Must be able to visit jobsites to evaluate the overall processes and make prompt adjustments when needed.
- Ability to efficiently use Microsoft Applications.
- Valid state driver's license, clean DMV driving record, and ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Electrical background.
- First-hand knowledge and experience of construction, including practices and sequence of work.
PV Design Engineering background.
- NABCEP certification
Vista Solar is a subsidiary of Centrica / Direct Energy and generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity Employer – EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability